Hi, I'm Waldir Pimenta, and I'm an active Wikipedia editor. I will try to note down some useful stuff here on the wiki, as I find them.
- url formats
- to compare two profiles: http://www.geni.com/profile/compare/PERSON_ID1?to=PERSON_ID2
- to suggest a merge: http://www.geni.com/profile/merge_request/PERSON_ID1?with_profile_id=PERSON_ID2
- to search for potential matches: http://www.geni.com/search/matches/PERSON_ID
- to access a person's profile: http://www.geni.com/profile/index/PERSON_ID
- to access a person's tree: http://www.geni.com/family-tree/index/PERSON_ID
- todo (wiki)
- ask to install parser functions (if, expr, etc) here on the wiki
- investigate the best way to link directly to geni pages (prefix on interwiki map? template? make external links to geni.com show up without the arrow using css?)
- ask to update to latest mediawiki version, in case it isn't
- clean up Template:TOC right, Template:Pp-template and Template:Pp-meta. Add Template:tl
- use clean urls (if possible, without the /wiki/ suffix)
- why do autoconfimed users have to fill captchas for every edit? I do, for instance.
- the field info, in the preferences page, are too agressively presented. in register new user too, I think. confirm.
- todo (geni)
- suggest better bug/feature request handling mechanism than the forum (google moderator?)
- checkboxes on tree matches page (and other page, possibly), to allow multiple simultaneous actions
- more at my forum posts, go get them
- suggest karma system for permission management, to prevent dead-ends caused by inactive users
- why does the resize photo feature endlessly keep loading (or updating) some of the photos?