Projects are collections of profiles. Projects can be created for a surname, an event, or a topic - anything that connectes a number of profiles together.
There are currently four components to projects:
- About: The project about field understands wikitext markup language, the same language we use on the geni user wiki. This means that, for the most part, you can just copy over text from the wiki and formatting will be retained. Links to Wiki pages, do NOT work, and must be converted into regular, full links - change the [[ ]] links into [ ] and use the full URL for the page.
- Project profiles: Use the new project options under the more actions menu on public profiles to add them to one or more projects.
- Project collaborators: Use the new project options under the more actions menu on user profiles to add them as collaborators on one or more projects. This will give them the ability to edit and merge all project profiles.
- Merge center: Project collaborators can use the project merge center to view and act on a list of merge issues related to that particular project.
Current projects can be found at Geni Projects.
- Q: Who can create a project?
- A: Anyone
- Q: What benefit to I get by being a project collaborator?
- A: You receive the ability to edit and merge all profiles that are a part of your project.
- Q: Who can add people to a project?
- A: The project manager and project collaborators