Control who can perform actions on your profile
We have updated your Permissions settings, making them more concise and clear. Therefore, you may now simply determine the following:
- Who can edit my profile?
- We’ve eliminated the option to let your Forest edit your profile.
- Who can edit my events?
- Choose whether family and friends can edit your events.
- Who can search for me?
- Anyone connected to you can find you using search. By default, your profile is also ;Who can contact me? :By default, anyone can send you a message or invite you to family or friends. You can choose to restrict this to Family’s Family and Friends.
- Who can comment in my guestbook?
- Your profile privacy settings determine who can see your guestbook. Anyone who can view your guestbook can leave you a guestbook message.
- Let any user send me a message or invite me to Family or Friends
- Will remained checked off if you have enabled ‘Anyone’ to send you a message-but it will respect your other settings (regarding family group and friend invites).
- Who can view my tree?
- The View Tree button will appear on your profile when viewed by anyone in your Family or Family’s Family. You can choose to show this button to your Friends.
- Who can find me through the tree?
- Choose whether your node is private or viewable to users outside of your Your Family, Friends, and Forest.