- 1 Geni sends the following notifications to our users
- 2 We also send the following notifications to your family members that you have invited
- 3 How do I re-subscribe to Geni notifications?
- 4 How do I turn off photo notifications?
- 5 How do I turn off birthday reminders
- 6 How do I turn off message notifications?
Geni sends the following notifications to our users
- Family Newsletter - The Family Newsletter, sent no more than once a week, contains the most recent Family News stories.
- New To Tree - "Your Geni Tree is Growing!", sent no more than once a week, informs you when new Profiles are added to your Tree
- Just joined - Whenever someone accepts your Geni invitation to join, your Family, Tree, or as a Friend, you will be notified that your Tree is growing
- Personal Message - Anytime anyone send you message, you will be notified
- Comment Added - Whenever someone signs your Guestbook, comments on any Photos within your Photo Albums, remarks on one of your Events, or writes anything about any Links you have posted, you will be notified
- Discussion - Whenever someone adds to Family Discussion, you will be notified
- Birthday Reminders - You will be notified of any upcoming birthdays 7 days prior to their birthday, and again on the day itself
- Anniversary reminders - You will be notified of any upcoming anniversaries 7 days prior (for those who have claimed their Geni account)
- [Password Recovery] - Whenever you send us an email to retrieve your password, you will receive one email
- Photo digest (Photo uploads and Photo Tagging)
- Frequency: This notification is sent no more than once a day
- Trigger: This notification is sent if your family or friends have uploaded new photos and/or you have been tagged in a photo
- Gift Received - Anytime someone send you a Gift
- Profile Merges - Whenever your Profile is linked to another Profile, you will be notified
- GEDCOM Export - Whenever your GEDCOM export is ready, you will be notified
- GEDCOM Import - Whenever your GEDCOM import and Tree building is complete, you will be notified
- GEDCOM Error - You will be notified if your GEDCOM fails
We also send the following notifications to your family members that you have invited
- Geni Invitation
- Invitation Reminder - For both Relative and Friend invites
- Password Recovery
- Birthday Reminder
- Photo Digest
- Comment Added
- Personal Message
- Gift Received
How do I re-subscribe to Geni notifications?
To re-subscribe to Geni notifications login to Geni and click Settings. Select the notifications you would like to receive and click 'save' at the bottom of the page.
How do I turn off photo notifications?
Photo notifications are sent automatically as a courtesy to notify you when someone in your family uploads a new photo album or when someone tags you in a photo.
There are two ways to disable these notifications.
- Click on the link at the bottom of the notification email you received to disable that notification.
- Log in to Geni and click on Settings on the top right hand corner of your browser. There you can uncheck ’Someone tags me in a photo ’ and/or 'A relative creates a new photo album' in the Notifications section.
How do I turn off birthday reminders
Birthday reminders are sent automatically as a courtesy to remind you of someone’s upcoming special day. If you click on the link in the reminder email to create a greeting, this message will appear on their profile with a special birthday graphic.
Birthday reminders are sent seven days before the birthday and on the day of the birthday. If you wish to turn this feature off, click on Settings on the top right hand corner of your browser, and uncheck ’Family birthdays arrive’ in the Notifications section.
How do I turn off message notifications?
To turn off receiving an email notification when someone sends you a message, just go to your Settings page, and under the Notifications section, uncheck the ‘Someone sends me a message’ box. Click Submit to save your changes.