What notifications does Geni send?
Geni sends the following notifications:
- Guest Book comment
- Photo digest (Photo uploads and Photo Tagging)
- Frequency: This notification is sent no more than once a day.
- Trigger: This notification is sent if your family or friends have uploaded new photos and/or you have been tagged in a photo.
- Photo comments
- Just joined
- Birthday reminders
- New To Tree* Geni Updates
How do I re-subscribe to Geni notifications?
To re-subscribe to Geni notifications login to Geni and click Settings. Select the notifications you would like to receive and click 'save' at the bottom of the page.
How do I turn off photo notifications?
Photo notifications are sent automatically as a courtesy to notify you when someone in your family uploads a new photo album or when someone tags you in a photo.
There are two ways to disable these notifications.
- Click on the link at the bottom of the notification email you received to disable that notification.
- Log in to Geni and click on Settings on the top right hand corner of your browser. There you can uncheck ’Someone tags me in a photo ’ and/or 'A relative creates a new photo album' in the Notifications section.
How do I turn off birthday reminders
Birthday reminders are sent automatically as a courtesy to remind you of someone’s upcoming special day. If you click on the link in the reminder email to create a greeting, this message will appear on their profile with a special birthday graphic.
If you wish to turn this feature off, click on Settings on the top right hand corner of your browser, and uncheck ’Family birthdays arrive’ in the Notifications section.
How do I turn off message notifications?
To turn off receiving an email notification when someone sends you a message, just go to your Settings page, and under the Notifications section, uncheck the ‘Someone sends me a message’ box. Click Submit to save your changes.