- 1 Weekly Family Newsletter
- 2 Email me a daily summary of
- 3 Email me separately when someone
- 4 Geni features and announcements
- 5 Geni sends the following notifications to our users
- 6 Troubleshooting Notifications
- 7 How do I re-subscribe to Geni notifications?
- 8 How do I turn off photo notifications?
- 9 How do I turn off birthday reminders
- 10 How do I turn off message notifications?
Weekly Family Newsletter
Email me a daily summary of
These checkboxes when checked will tell Geni to send an e-mail to you every time:
- someone identifies you in a photo or video
- friends or family members add a photo or video
- someone adds a profile to your Tree (an e-mail will only be sent once a day maximum)
- there is an upcoming birthday, anniversary or other holiday (again a maximum of one e-mail will be sent daily)
Email me separately when someone
These checkboxes when checked will tell Geni to send an e-mail to you every time someone:
- sends me a message
- sends me a gift
- sends me a request (merge, Collaboration, Friend and Family requests are all included in this)
- accepts my invitation to join my Tree, Family or Friends
- comments in my guestbook
- merges a profile into my profile
- comments in my tree discussion
- comments on my photo or video or responds to my comment
- comments on my event or responds to my comment
- comments on my posted link or responds to my comment
Geni features and announcements
This final checkbox when checked will tell Geni to send you an e-mail when they release a new feature or have an important announcement.
Geni sends the following notifications to our users
|Email Notification||Invited and Claimed||Invited and Not Yet Claimed||Frequency|
|Whenever someone signs your Guestbook, comments on any Photos within your Photo Albums, remarks on one of your Events, or writes anything about any Links you have posted|
|You will be notified of any upcoming birthdays 7 days prior to their birthday, and again on the day itself|
|You will be notified of any upcoming anniversaries 7 days prior (for those who have claimed their Geni account)|
If you are having trouble receiving notifications from Geni, make sure you check your spam/junk folder to see if the notifications are there.
We send notifications from firstname.lastname@example.org, so make sure that this email address is in your address book.
If you use Yahoo! Mail, make sure that email@example.com is not on your 'Blocked Email Addresses' list:
- Visit Yahoo Mail
- Click on "Options" menu in the upper right corner and select "Mail Options"
- Then click on "Spam" in the menu at the left
- Then look for "firstname.lastname@example.org" in the "Blocked Email Addresses" list
- If found, select "email@example.com" and click "Remove"
How do I re-subscribe to Geni notifications?
To re-subscribe to Geni notifications login to Geni and click Settings. Select the notifications you would like to receive and click 'save' at the bottom of the page.
How do I turn off photo notifications?
Photo notifications are sent automatically as a courtesy to notify you when someone in your family uploads a new photo album or when someone tags you in a photo.
There are two ways to disable these notifications.
- Click on the link at the bottom of the notification email you received to disable that notification.
- Log in to Geni and click on Settings on the top right hand corner of your browser. There you can uncheck ’Someone tags me in a photo ’ and/or 'A relative creates a new photo album' in the Notifications section.
How do I turn off birthday reminders
Birthday reminders are sent automatically as a courtesy to remind you of someone’s upcoming special day. If you click on the link in the reminder email to create a greeting, this message will appear on their profile with a special birthday graphic.
Birthday reminders are sent seven days before the birthday and on the day of the birthday. If you wish to turn this feature off, click on Settings on the top right hand corner of your browser, and uncheck ’Family birthdays arrive’ in the Notifications section.
How do I turn off message notifications?
To turn off receiving an email notification when someone sends you a message, just go to your Settings page, and under the Notifications section, uncheck the ‘Someone sends me a message’ box. Click Submit to save your changes.