Inspired by the famous people thread in the forum, add your link to a profile page of celebrities here by country of origin. To qualify as a celebrity in this list, the Geni profile should be publicly viewable ("about" and timeline) and there should be an article in wikipedia about the person.
Each entry follows this template (loosely):
- Name (in bold and with link to Geni profile)
- Art's & Entertainment - Musicians, composers, dancers, writers, painters, sculptors (please add)
- Politics - Presidents, freedom fighters, dictators (please add)
- Academia - Philosophers, scientists, (please add)
- Athlete - Baseball players, soccer players, golfers, runners, swimmers. Any sports celebrity.
- Royal & Military - Emperors, Dictators, Kings, Queens, prince(sses), Lords, Ladys, Earls, Dukes, Generals,
- Also know as / real name
- Year of birth and death
- Short description
- URL link to wikipedia
- Mark Twain Art's & Entertainment: Real name Samuel Langhorne Clemens. (1835 - 1910), American humorist, satirist, lecturer and writer - wrote "Adventures of Huckleberry Finn" 
- Jerry Bruckheimer Art's & Entertainment: (1945 - ), Movie & TV Producer. Top Gun, Pirates of the Caribbean, Pearl Harbor, Beverly Hills Cop, CSI, Cold Case, Amazing Race 
- George W. Bush Politics: (1946 - ) the forty-third and current President of the United States. 
- Rafael Ramiro Royal & Military: He was the senior lieutenant during the oath of the Mexican Independence in the Plan de Iguala. (no wikipedia reference?)
- Charlemagne Royal & Military: aka Charles the Great or Carolus Magnus, (747 – 814), King of the Franks from 768 to his death. 
- William I of England Royal & Military: aka William The Conqueror, (1027 – 1087), Duke of Normandy from 1035 and King of England from 1066 to his death. 
- Jane Austen Arts & Entertainment: (1775 - 1817) English novelist whose realism, biting social commentary and masterful use of free indirect speech, burlesque and irony have earned her a place as one of the most widely read and most beloved writers in English literature.
- Diana Frances Spencer Royal & Military: (1961 – 1997), Lady. the first wife of Charles, Prince of Wales. 
- Sigmund Freud Academia: (1856 – 1939) Psychiatrist, founded the psychoanalytic school of psychology. 
- Mahatma Ghandi Politics: (1869 – 1948). A major political and spiritual leader of India and the Indian independence movement.