Inspired by the famous people thread in the forum, add your link to a profile page of celebrities here by country of origin. Please add a category, title and short description to each celebrity. That will make it easier to re-organise should the list become too long. I suggest to qualify as a celebrity, there should be a reference to an article in wikipedia.
- Art's & Entertainment - Musicians, composers, dancers, writers, painters, sculptors (please add)
- Politics - Presidents, freedom fighters, dictators (please add)
- Academia - Philosophers, scientists, (please add)
- Athlete - Baseball players, soccer players, golfers, runners, swimmers. Any sports celebrity.
- (please add)
(We should keep the categories to a minimum, I'll say max 10 to avoid making it too cumbersome)
- Mark Twain Art's & Entertainment: Author. Real name Samuel Langhorne Clemens. American humorist, satirist, lecturer and writer - most noted for his novels Adventures of Huckleberry Finn 
- Jerry Bruckheimer Art's & Entertainment: Movie & TV Producer. Top Gun, Pirates of the Caribbean, Pearl Harbor, Beverly Hills Cop, CSI, Cold Case, Amazing Race 
- George W. Bush Politics: the forty-third and current President of the United States. 
- Rafael Ramiro Military: He was the senior lieutenant during the oath of the Mexican Independence in the Plan de Iguala. (no wikipedia reference?)
- Charlemagne Politics: aka Charles the Great or Carolus Magnus, (747 – 814), King of the Franks from 768 to his death. 
- William I of England Politics: aka William The Conqueror, (1027 – 1087), Duke of Normandy from 1035 and King of England from 1066 to his death. 
- Jane Austen Arts & Entertainment: (1775 - 1817) English novelist whose realism, biting social commentary and masterful use of free indirect speech, burlesque and irony have earned her a place as one of the most widely read and most beloved writers in English literature.
- Diana Frances Spencer Politics: (1961 – 1997), Lady. the first wife of Charles, Prince of Wales. 
- Sigmund Freud Academia: (1856 – 1939) Psychiatrist, founded the psychoanalytic school of psychology. 
- Mahatma Ghandi Politics: (1869 – 1948). A major political and spiritual leader of India and the Indian independence movement.