Difference between revisions of "Notables"
|Line 28:||Line 28:|
*[http://www.geni.com/profile/index/6000000000424624255 Charlemagne] ''Politics'': aka Charles the Great
*[http://www.geni.com/profile/index/6000000000424624255 Charlemagne] ''Politics'': aka Charles the Great (747 – 814)King of the Franks from 768 to his death. [http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Charlemagne]
*[http://www.geni.com/profile/index/5597380726000028489 William ] ''Politics'': William (1027 – 1087), Duke of Normandy from 1035 and King of England from 1066 to his death. [http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/William_The_Conqueror]
*[http://www.geni.com/profile/index/4533821 Diana Frances Spencer] ''Politics'': (1961 – 1997), Lady.
*[http://www.geni.com/profile/index/4533821 Diana Frances Spencer] ''Politics'': (1961 – 1997), Lady. the first wife of Charles, Prince of Wales. [http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Diana,_Princess_of_Wales]
Revision as of 09:28, 28 October 2008
Inspired by the famous people thread in the forum, add your link to a profile page of celebrities here by country of origin. Please add a category, title and short description to each celebrity. That will make it easier to re-organise should the list become too long. I suggest to qualify as a celebrity, there should be a reference to an article in wikipedia.
- Art's & Entertainment - Musicians, composers, dancers, writers, painters, sculptors (please add)
- Politics - Presidents, freedom fighters, dictators (please add)
- Academia - Philosophers, scientists, (please add)
- Athlete - Baseball players, soccer players, golfers, runners, swimmers. Any sports celebrity.
- (please add)
(We should keep the categories to a minimum, I'll say max 10 to avoid making it too cumbersome)
- Mark Twain Art's & Entertainment: Author. Real name Samuel Langhorne Clemens. American humorist, satirist, lecturer and writer - most noted for his novels Adventures of Huckleberry Finn 
- Jerry Bruckheimer Art's & Entertainment: Movie & TV Producer. Top Gun, Pirates of the Caribbean, Pearl Harbor, Beverly Hills Cop, CSI, Cold Case, Amazing Race 
- Rafael Ramiro Military: He was the senior lieutenant during the oath of the Mexican Independence in the Plan de Iguala.
- Charlemagne Politics: aka Charles the Great or Carolus Magnus, (747 – 814), King of the Franks from 768 to his death. 
- William I of England Politics: aka William The Conqueror, (1027 – 1087), Duke of Normandy from 1035 and King of England from 1066 to his death. 
- Diana Frances Spencer Politics: (1961 – 1997), Lady. the first wife of Charles, Prince of Wales. 
- Sigmund Freud Academia: (1856 – 1939) Psychiatrist, founded the psychoanalytic school of psychology. 
- Mahatma Ghandi Politics: (1869 – 1948). A major political and spiritual leader of India and the Indian independence movement.