Norman Ancestry Merge
This is a Merge Project page.
- Gange-Hrolf ‘Rollo’ Rangvaldsson de Normandie
- William (Guillaume) 'le Conquérant' FitzRobert, I King of England
Extent of Project and Cross-Over Profiles
- Emma de Normandie, also called Ælfgifu (!) of Normandy,
daughter of Richard I 'sans peur' de Normandie and Gunnor (Gunnora) de Crépon. Married twice: 1. Æthelred the Unready - Children: a. Godgifu (Goda), b. Edward the Confessor, c. Alfred Aetheling. Married 2. Canute the Great - Children: d. Harthacanute, e. Gunhilda of Denmark.
Family Group Permissions
- Main principles
- Name as close to original name as possible, language, geography and time period to be taken into consideration
- French names for French people (thus: Richard I 'Sans-Peur' de Normandie, not Richard I 'the Fearless' of Normandy)
- Titles usually go in the last name field
- Adjust first name field to avoid misunderstandings or mistaken identity where necessary, by adding order/number or byname.
- All names a person is known by in any source listed in “nicknames": bynames (especially in English), additional titles, variations.
The Foundation of Medieval Genealogy has an extensive overview, based solely on primary sources, which should be used as our first source:
List of duplicate copies
Connected to the Big-Tree:
NOT connected to the Big-Tree:
(Do not merge with either of those yet - detangle the existing chaos first.)