Kings of Scotland Merge
This is a Merge Project page.
House of Alba
- Kenneth I mac Alpín, King of Alba Cináeda mac Alpín, the first king of all Scotland
- Malcolm II mac Kenneth, King of Scots Máel Coluim mac Cináeda
Extent of Project and Cross-Over Profiles
- Nordic profiles, cross-over through the Earls of Orkney
- Anglo-Saxons, Maldred mac Crínan married Ealdgyth of Northumbria
Family Group Permissions
See generic Naming Conventions page.
- Name as close to original name as possible, language, geography and time period to be taken into consideration
- Gaelic names for Scottish/Gaelic speaking people as far as possible
- Patronymics in the Middle Name field where applicable, i.e. Gaelic names
- Titles usually go in the Last Name field
- Adjust First Name field to avoid misunderstandings or mistaken identity where necessary, by adding order/number or byname.
- Maiden names are normally avoided as there were none at the time
- All names a person is known by in any source listed in Nicknames: bynames (especially in English), additional titles, variations.
The Medieval Lands Project, part of The Foundation of Medieval Genealogy, is a very reliable free website using primary sources only:
- Aedh Find / Aed Find and his son are marked as having partners with virtually the same name?
- This should be fixed by Kings of Scotland Merge. Unuistice, or Fergussa (daughter of King Fergus II) married her first-cousin [ALPI211] King Eochaidh IV rinnamail. See http://mauriceboddy.org.uk/ScotK.htm. After fixing this, several merges on the Fergus line are not yet completed. For example, Fergus.
List of duplicate copies
Euphemia Stewart (Leslie OR de Ross), Countess of Moray, Wife of King Robert II:
- Euphemia Stuart (de Ross) managed by Jonathan Jaques
- Euphemia de Ross managed by Tonya Christensen
- Euphemia de Ross managed by Andrea Black
- Euphemia (Countess of Moray) de Ross managed by Brian Bas
- Euphemia de Ross managed by Mary Stuart
- Euphemia de Ross managed by Charles Verrier
- Euphemia de Ross managed by Joseph Bilodeau
- Euphemia de Ross managed by Henry VIII of England
- Euphemia Stewart managed by W. Scott Smith
- Euphemia Stewart managed by William Bratton Lowry
- Euphemia Stewart (de Ross) managed by Trevor Tennent
- Euphemia Stuart managed by Gregory Ellis