Kings of Scotland Merge
This is a Merge Project page.
- 1 Central Profiles
- 2 Extent of Project and Cross-Over Profiles
- 3 Project Members
- 4 Family Group Permissions
- 5 Naming Conventions
- 6 Sources
- 7 Notes
- 8 List of duplicate copies
House of Alba
- Kenneth I mac Alpín, King of Alba Cináeda mac Alpín, the first king of all Scotland
- Malcolm II mac Kenneth, King of Scots Máel Coluim mac Cináeda
Extent of Project and Cross-Over Profiles
- Nordic profiles, cross-over through the Earls of Orkney
- Anglo-Saxons, Maldred mac Crínan married Ealdgyth of Northumbria
Family Group Permissions
See generic Naming Conventions page.
- Name as close to original name as possible, language, geography and time period to be taken into consideration
- Gaelic names for Scottish/Gaelic speaking people as far as possible
- Patronymics in the Middle Name field where applicable, i.e. Gaelic names
- Titles usually go in the Last Name field
- Adjust First Name field to avoid misunderstandings or mistaken identity where necessary, by adding order/number or byname.
- Maiden names are normally avoided as there were none at the time
- All names a person is known by in any source listed in Nicknames: bynames (especially in English), additional titles, variations.
The Medieval Lands Project, part of The Foundation of Medieval Genealogy, is a very reliable free website using primary sources only:
- Aedh Find / Aed Find and his son are marked as having partners with virtually the same name?
- This should be fixed by Kings of Scotland Merge. Unuistice, or Fergussa (daughter of King Fergus II) married her first-cousin [ALPI211] King Eochaidh IV rinnamail. See http://mauriceboddy.org.uk/ScotK.htm. After fixing this, several merges on the Fergus line are not yet completed. For example, Fergus.