Geni is a collaborative tool that you and your family can use to build a common family history. Invite your Family to Geni to help you build your tree and create a scrapbook of your lives. You can also invite Friends to Geni to share photos, videos, and events. You can view your invite history in your Requests Inbox
You can invite relatives already on your tree by adding their address to the tree or their profile, or from the Invite Your Family page
- When you invite someone to your family tree using the invite feature we will generate an email, sent in your name, to this person.
- This email will contain a link to view the family tree
- Clicking the link will present the person with the option to either Accept or Reject the invitation to join your tree
- By accepting the invite, the user claims their profile and takes over control of their privacy and notification settings for that profile
- If the person rejects the invitation, we delete their email from our database and will not send them any further emails
Please note that you can not invite a person who is under 13 years old.
You can invite a Friend by entering their email address in the 'Invite your friends:' box on your Profile.