Some sources place the origins of the Hunsbergers in Berne, Switzerland. One source places the earliest mention of the Hunsberger name in the year 1295. Another source suggested the family could have come from the hamlet of Hunsperg, which is located northeast of Bern in the vicinity of Krauchthal. 
Coat of Arms
No authoritative crest or coat of arms for the Hunsberger Family has been found. A family crestwas created in the late 1930's by an artist at the request of the Hunsberger Family Association's first historian. It reflects the farming background of the family, and shows symbols of the Bern region in Switzerland from where the Hunsbergers are believed to have originated.
As of 4/11/2008 there are 88 profiles on Geni.com with the surname HUNSBERGER, 4 with the surname HUNSBERGAR - also see Hunsberger Geni Search Results.
- Donald Hunsberger: one of the world’s foremost authorities on conducting, orchestration, and music literature.
- Vic Hunsberger: a stunt man in the late '70s and 80s.
- Dictionary of American Family Names, Oxford University Press, ISBN 0-19-508137-4
- Hunsberger Family Association Web site: http://www.hunsberger.org/
- Location of Family Reunion: Souderton, Pennsylvania
- Genealogy Forum : Geneology.com
- Mennonite Encyclopedia entry: http://www.gameo.org/encyclopedia/contents/H855ME.html/?searchterm=hunsberger