By default, your Family consists of all your blood relatives out to your 5th cousins and closer and their current partners (plus your spouse’s if you are married) and your Inlaws out to 1st cousins.
You can use your Family Group settings narrow your Family group by selecting the ‘circle of relations’ you wish to include.
The Immediate Family profile module displays your ten closest Family members (by relation). You can control who can see your Family group module using your profile privacy settings.
You can use the view to see who is in your Family group.
View your Family group
You can view who is currently in your Family group by selecting the | Family list list view.
- Click the 'My Profile' tab.
- Click the 'View List' button
- Select 'My Family' from the drop down menu.
Add to your Family group
The easiest way to add someone to your Family group is from their profile.
- Use the 'Add to Family Group' button on claimed profiles to add them to your Family group.
- Use the 'Invite to Family Group' button to send an invitation to someone outside of your default Family group.
- Use the 'Invite' box on an unclaimed profile to invite this person to Geni. Once they have accepted your invitation, you can then add them to your Family group if they are not in your default group.
Once you have added addition people to your Family group, you will start seeing their stories in your Family News.