Biblical Tree Merge
This is a Merge Project page.
Many lines of European Royalty (and some of the Pharaohs) trace their ancient lineage all the way back to the biblical era, mostly through various descendants of Noah or Judah. Many Jewish families trace their lineages to the Royal House of David, and the Exilarchs that followed them.
As these most ancient lines are SO far back (Bible ends about 90 generations ago), it is highly recommended to NOT connect directly with them, but rather to find a most RECENT ancestor that connects to them and connect to that. This will reduce the number of duplicates and subsequent merges.
Important Note: NOT all of these profiles actually appear in the Bible. Many are taken from non-canonical sources, from a whole assortment of traditions. Please respect the work other people have put in, and do NOT remove these "additions".
There are presently at least thirty copies of the Biblical Tree on Geni. Each copy has between 200 to 1000 profiles in it, depending on how thorough and extensive it is.
Noah (10 generations later).
Abraham (10 generations later).
Josiah one of the final Kings in the House of David.
Zerubbabel first of the Exilarchs.
Extent of Project and Cross-Over Profiles
The end of the [Jewish] Biblical Era, is typically considered to be in the times of Zerubbabel, who led the return to Israel, of the Jews exiled to Babylon, after the First Temple was destroyed. This project covers everything until then.
Additional "edges" of this tree are the Ancient or European Royalty lineages, that connect to it at various points. Such as:
- Pharaohs of Egypt Merge - These lines start with the Biblical proto-ancestor of the Egyptian nation, Mizraim, this being the Hebrew name of Egypt. Mizraim was the son of Ham, and grandson of Noah.
- Kings of Troy Merge - This line starts with Dardanus King of Dardania, grandson of Judah (via Zarah / Zerah).
- Kings of Ireland Merge -
- Anglo Saxon Kings Merge
- Shmuel Aharon Kam started this project.
- [Nadav Barkai]
- [Malka Mysels]
[Kris Stewart] was also extremely helpful getting this project started. Thanks Kris! [Scott Hibbard] was the first to give me Family Group permissions, giving me a toe-hold to start from.
Family Group Permissions
As SO many people had copies of this extensive tree or have added profiles to it, there is little point in listed them all (presently at least 24 people). If you need the full list, just ask Shmuel Aharon.
In the Biblical lines alternate names (spellings or actual names) are seperated by / marks, the "English" spellings first and then the Hebrew. The surname field is ALWAYS left blank, unless the person has a specific title (mostly kings).
At least 8 copies of this tree, have already merged together. As such, the existing tree has been gone over everything as far as the last of the Kings of David, with a fine comb, and verified the tree against various printed sources.
So from now on, instead of repeating hundreds of merges all over again each time, for each new copy of the tree that is "merged", and cleaning them up yet again, new trees should be "pruned". This means finding the LATEST point(s) that these copies diverge from the base tree, and grafting the new "branches" on at those points. After verifying that everything in the newly merged copy is also in the "main" tree, those [hundreds of] duplicate earlier profiles can be deleted.
- a Discusssion thread (visible to Shmuel Aharon's Family Group and Friends).
- Geni Forum thread: "Biblical" Merges AKA People 'R' Weird
List of duplicate copies
Merges in progress.
- Akkub in the Exilarch line. Managed by Rose Appignani Spahr.
- Adam managed by Eric Garner Stroud. Pending invite accept.
- Adam managed by Bjørn P. Brox. Verify and delete.
- Adam managed by Gwyneth Potter McNeil.
Connected to the Big-Tree:
- Adam managed by Richard Andrew Klein.
- Adam managed by Anne Mørkved. Has not responded to queries in both English (Shmuel Aharon) and Norwegian (Brox).
- Adam managed by Gail Kern (Harbert).
- Adam AND Adam managed by Jean Pavloff.
- Adam managed by Corrine Renae Doxey.
- Adam "started family tree".
- Adam managed by Brandon Roger Bascom.
- Adam managed by Kristin Valenti.
- Adam managed by Geoffrey David Trowbridge.
- Adam managed by Stephen Anthony Randolph.
- Adam managed by Ric Kostick.
- Adam managed by Robert "Bobby" Hobson Jr.
Not available for merge:
- Adam managed by Vera Susan MERAN. Explicitly does NOT want her biblical line merged.
- Adam managed by Chanda L BOYLES. No longer uses Geni. No interest.
Useful search queries to find yet MORE copies:
NOT connected to the Big-Tree:
- Adam-Of-Eden managed by Marlow Einelund.
- Adam-Creature-of-God-s-Ben-God managed by Joseph Bilodeau.
- Adam-1st-man- managed by Matthew Smith.
- -Adam, -Adam, -Adam, -Adam, -Adam, -Adam All six copies managed by Mark Batchelder. Strangely enough, they have the first name fields all set to '-', and actual names in the last name field!
- Seth-Ben-Adam managed by Brittany Taylor Lange.
- Bc-Shem, Bc Shem AND Shem Sceaf (both presumed to be son of Noah) managed by Cyn.
- ADAM, First Patriarch managed by Larry CHESEBRO'.
- Adam The First Man Of The Human Family managed by Danny Dale Hatfield .
- Adam Son Of God managed by Charles Redwen.
- ADAM managed by Ron Duane Franklin. This is a partial tree (only 147 profiles).
- Adam-na- managed by Kurt Bestor.
- Adam-ben-Adamah "Started family tree".
- Adam-First-Man "Started family tree".
- Adam-Harishon "Started family tree".
- Adam First Man "Started family tree".
- Adam "Started family tree".
- Adam managed by Abel (his son).
- Adam- managed by Cain Adam (his son).
- Adam-of-God managed by Jesus Christ of David (his "half-brother").
- Adam first man managed by Rachel of Haran.
Useful search queries to find yet MORE copies: