Biblical Tree Merge
This is a Merge Project page.
Many lines of European Royalty (and some of the Pharaohs) trace their ancient lineage all the way back to the biblical era, mostly through various descendants of Noah or Judah. Many Jewish families trace their lineages to the Royal House of David, and the Exilarchs that followed them.
As these most ancient lines are SO far back (Bible ends about 90 generations ago), it is highly recommended to NOT connect directly with them, but rather to find a most RECENT ancestor that connects to them and connect to that. This will reduce the number of duplicates and subsequent merges.
Important Note: NOT all of these profiles actually appear in the Bible. Many are taken from non-canonical sources, from a whole assortment of traditions. Please respect the work other people have put in, and do NOT remove these "additions".
- Noah (10 generations later).
- Abraham (10 generations later).
- King David.
- Josiah, one of the final Kings in the House of David.
- Zerubbabel, first of the Exilarchs.
Extent of Project and Cross-Over Profiles
The end of the [Jewish] Biblical Era, is typically considered to be in the times of Zerubbabel, who led the return to Israel, of the Jews exiled to Babylon, after the First Temple was destroyed. This project covers everything until then.
Additional "edges" of this tree are the Ancient or European Royalty lineages, that connect to it at various points. Such as:
- Pharaohs of Egypt Merge - These lines start with the Biblical proto-ancestor of the Egyptian nation, Mizraim (this being the Hebrew name of Egypt). Mizraim was the son of Ham, and grandson of Noah.
- Kings of Troy Merge - This line starts with Dardanus King of Dardania, grandson of Judah (via Zarah / Zerah).
- Kings of Ireland Merge -
- Anglo Saxon Kings Merge
Family Group Permissions
Listed in no particular order, although the first couple of names presently manage the majority of the profiles. This list is probably NOT complete. On the other hand, it is not certain that all of the following retain management of any profiles.
- Scott Hibbard
- Joyce Tharp
- Sherry Kennedy
- Kris Stewart
- Nadav Barkai
- Pablo Benítez Barreto
- Ricardo Alejandro Seminario Leòn
- Karla Walsh
- Gwyneth Potter McNeil
- Jonathan Izaac
- Torbjørn Nilsen
- Yosef Gavriel Bechhofer
- Rose Appignani Spahr
- Robert (Yisrael) Koppel
- Joseph Bilodeau
- Jerry Daniel Peardon
- Rodrigo G. Castel
- Jonathan D. Spero
- Bjørn P. Brox
- Malka Mysels
- Danny Hatfield
- Malki Zirkind
- Gail Kern (Harbert)
- Sampsa Kemppainen
- Jon Thogmartin
- Ric Kostick.
- Kristin Valenti.
- Corrine Renae Doxey.
- Brandon Roger Bascom.
- Jacqueli Charlene Finley.
- Kirsten Rose Leman.
- Geoffrey David Trowbridge.
- King David.
- Erin Spiceland.
- Jean Pavloff.
- Nathan De Graw.
- Thomas Nordli Andersen.
- Ron Duane Franklin.
- Dawn Sheree Houck.
- Scott Faust.
- In the Biblical lines alternate names (spellings or actual names) are separated by / marks, the "English" spellings first and then the Hebrew.
- The surname field is ALWAYS set to a single period ( . ), unless the person has a very specific title (mostly kings). This helps keep all of the records the same (especially after merges, which might otherwise mess up the name), and enables the name to be found, in the Go To tab at the bottom of the tree (which doesn't work for blank surnames).
- The maiden-name field is also ALWAYS set to a period. Leaving it blank would cause the various funky stuff that people put in the maiden-name field to be automatically accepted when doing merges (which we want to avoid).
At least 20 copies of this tree, have already merged together. As such, the existing tree has been gone over everything as far as the last of the Kings of David, with a fine comb, and the tree has mostly been verified against various printed sources.
- a Discusssion thread (visible to Shmuel Aharon's Family Group and Friends).
- Geni Forum thread: "Biblical" Merges AKA People 'R' Weird
- Clean-up the tree of Esau.
- Validate descendants of Korah.
- Create a single verified line of the Exilarchs (using Encyclopedia Judeaica source material), and merge the multiple copies attached to the present main line, into this one. See profiles/trees of first Exilarch Zerubbabel, and his descendant Akkub.
List of duplicate copies
Sadly the list of duplicate copies is growing MUCH longer. It became too long to have here, so it was moved to a separate page: Biblical Tree List.
Merges in progress
- Adam managed by Bjørn P. Brox (with Sumarian demi-gods). 5K+ profiles.
- Adam managed by Dennis Allen. 5K+ profiles.
- Adam managed by Jean Pavloff. 242 profiles.
- Adam managed by Justin Swanstrom. 5K+ profiles.
- Adam managed by Chanda L BOYLES. and Leif inge Larsen. 460~ profiles.
- Adam managed by Mimi ARCALA. 5K+ profiles.
- Adam managed by Yossi Pfeifer. 385 profiles. Tree should be split because it skips large number of generations somewhere after King David, until modern times.
- Adam managed by Yossi Pfeifer.
- Adam managed by Anne Mørkved. 5K+ profiles.
Links to combined tree:
Useful search queries to find yet MORE copies
Good choices would be main-line names that do NOT have many spelling variants, and are NOT in common use, outside of the Bible.