Anglo Saxon Kings Merge
This is a Merge Project page.
List of duplicate copies
Extent of Project and Cross-Over Profiles
Daughter of Uchtred Earl of Northumbria & his third wife Ælfgifu of England (1016 or before-). Married Maldred MacCrínán of Scotland. Children: 1. Gospatric, 2. Maldred, and two anonymous daughters.
- Ælfgifu, daughter of Morcar & Ealdgyth,
married to Ælfgar, son of Leofric and Godgifu (Lady Godiva), Child: Ealdgyth of Mercia who married Gryffydd and Harald Godwinsson, (no good profile example at the moment, those found have been merged with others and are full of errors)
- Emma de Normandie, also called Ælfgifu (!) of Normandy,
daughter of Richard I 'sans peur' de Normandie and Gunnor (Gunnora) de Crépon. Married twice: 1. Æthelred the Unready - Children: a. Godgifu (Goda), b. Edward the Confessor, c. Alfred Aetheling. Married 2. Canute the Great - Children: d. Harthacanute, e. Gunhilda of Denmark.
Family Group Permissions
The main source is the Foundation of Medieval Genealogy, which is very good, and relies solely on primary historical sources, with thorough comments. http://fmg.ac/Projects/MedLands/ENGLAND,%20AngloSaxon%20&%20Danish%20Kings.htm
- Name as close to original name as possible, language, geography and time period to be taken into consideration
- Anglo-Saxon names for Anglo-Saxon people (see the FMG-site listed above for info if unsure)
- Titles usually go in the last name field
- Adjust first name field to avoid misunderstandings or mistaken identity where necessary, by adding order/number or byname.
- All names a person is known by in any source listed in “nicknames": bynames (especially in English), additional titles, variations.