The following tables tries to collate usage statistics for the Geni website, based on current location (i.e. Nationality) and chosen Language for the User-Interface. These statistics were supplied in December 2010.
- Variants of the same language, such as Spanish, were combined.
- A Total of 251K users selected a NON-English interface.
- Table lists 243K of them, about 97% of the total.
- The 30+ additional languages, can thus safely be ignored.
- Traffic percentages were given for the top 25 countries.
- These cover 87% of the total network traffic to Geni.
- Countries that share a language were lumped together (bringing the count down to 20).
- The remaining 13% of net traffic are likely divided among dozens of countries.
- So these too can be ignored for now (never mind that they most likely speak one of the languages listed).
- Obviously not all users in a given country use the local language for their interface. An obvious example here would be Malaysia.
|Interface Language||Traffic by Country||# users||Rank||%||243,085||Totals||87.09%|
|English||1||1||USA, Canada, UK, Australia, New Zealand||41.02%|
|986||Arabic||28||17||United Arab Emirates||0.93%|
This table was created from an Excel sheet using the amazing Excel-to-Wiki Converter!